In this article , we review GW21 matches of top 6 teams and Heroes and Zeroes of the balance fixtures.
- [x] ARS4-1 FUL -
- This high scoring game reiterated that Auba & Kolasinac are the only FPL assets one must consider from the Gunners. Kolasinac’s presence in the box is too prominent to be missed & Auba’s game time assures that he is Emery’s No. 1 striker who is also in rich goal scoring form. From FUL, Mitrovic is the assured asset so far. Their defence is in shambles, Kamara is a good enabler but game time not assured. Sessegnon had a brilliant game in terms of underlying stats, could have bagged a brace in addition to his assist for Fulham’s only goal. At 6m looks costly, but worth keeping an eye on.
- [x] CAR 0-3 TOT
- Kane continued his goal scoring form thanks to a lucky finish in the early stages of the game. Son once again the most advanced player from TOT. Eriksen creates almost everything in this team and given Son’s departure for Asian Cup after GW22 for up to 3 GWs & Alli’s deep positioning, him and Kane are the only attacking options worth owning. Defensively TOT have been sound but no game time assurance for any one barring Lloris & Toby makes them less attractive
- [x] CHE 0-0 SOU
- Frustration was at its peak in this fixture as Hazard (most popular captain) returned with a blank. More disappointing was the fact that he did not look like returning points in this GW & that leaves his owners wondering if they should swap him with Salah whose fixtures turn green. We would recommend owners to be patient as he is central to CHE attack & a big haul is round the corner. Alonso again repeated the template - no attacking presence in first 55-65 mins and 2 shots on target in the last 10. Luiz looks a much better defensive cover if a CS is all we expect from the CHE defence. From SOU, Bednarek deserves a mention as he looks nailed on right now with a 3.9m price tag.
- [x] NEW0-2 MUFC
- Ole’s winning streak continued. Rashford looks like he is determined to not let Lukaku take his and on the other hand Lukaku just cannot stop scoring from the bench. Rashford is a great option is he is starting all games. Pogba continues to be GOLD in MUFC midfield but Sanchez when back fit (injured in FA Cup) can be a great premium differential. 1st CS under Ole. Wait & watch before taking MUFC def cover. Nothing notable from NEW for us to recommend owning their assets.
- [x] MCI 2-1 LIV
- One of the best games of the season so far. Defensive assets were not expected to return CS points. Salah disappointed against a big 6 team once again but Robertson owners who displayed faith & did not bench him were rewarded with an assist. Off late Firmino’s heat map has advanced & if it stays that way he can be a great option in LIV attack for those cant afford Salah. Mane was great from a positional point of view with his presence in the box but his poor finishing is a sign of worry. Going forward LIV have dream fixtures and we recommend FPL owners look at owning at least 2 out of Salah / Mane / Firmino / Robbo / TAA / Alisson. MCI came back into the title race with back to back wins in PL. This one over LIV really critical as it reduced the gap to 4 points only. Defensively we still advise against MCI assets but one can own 2 out of Aguero / Sane / Sterling / B or D Silva as it looks like they r coming back into form. Aguero and Sane looked most lethal in terms of scoring FPL points and they both bagged a goal each deservedly. Sterling missed a sitter from point blank range and should deliver a big haul soon. Be wary and prepared for Pep’s roulette though!
- [x] Balance fixtures; Heroes
Vardy scored & LEI kept a CS but given how Puel sets up, LEI defense esp Chilwell & Pereira can be worth considering. Fraser returned to the form he showed in the first half of the season & was all over the WAT defense. From WAT, Deeney’s strong presence made him stand out. With a lot of people shipping out Wilson, Fraser out, they become good differentials along with Deulefou & Deeney. Deulefou has highest touches in penalty box for WAT over last 3 GWs & hence becomes an attractive midfielder to own. McNeil & Barnes looked most lively from BUR’s attack & can be decent enablers. Arnie was back with a brace & can be a brilliant option if he stays fit. AWB only CRY asset worth considering from FPL point of view.
- [x] Balance fixtures; Zeroes
- Jimenez & Doherty were expected to return points but disappointed their owners. Felipe Anderson & Snodgrass didnt have a good outing either and with decent options available at their price ranges, owners might lose patience. Richarlison disappointed his owners too as his presence in the box was not prominent & Holebas has caused his owners serious problems as WAT defense does not look like they will keep a CS in coming fixtures