Welcome to Game Week 5 top 5 predictions! Each week, I'll make 5 predictions for the Game Week ahead and then review them the following week. The article will also include some key player and team stats. This weeks predictions include; 2 blanking forwards, a red card and the return to form for a former Superstar forward!
1) Let's kick it off with the first game of the week, Bournemouth v Brighton. Brighton are yet to score away from home this season while Bournemouth have only scored once at home. Defensively, Bournemouth have conceded 2 goals in each of their home games and Brighton conceded 2 away to Leicester but kept a cleansheat at Watford. Prediction - Bournemouth 0 v Watford 0.
2) Southampton v Crystal Palace shapes as an interesting game. 2 of the under achievers and both teams have struggled for goals. Christian Benteke has scored 5 goals in his last 5 appearances against Southampton and I'm predicting he'll continue he'll add to his record against the Saints. Prediction - Christian Benteke to score 1 or more goals.
3) Now onto arguably the match of the weekend - Chelsea v Arsenal. We all know about the rivalry between these 2 heavyweights! In the last 5 meetings between these 2 teams, there have been 4 red cards. This match is to be refereed by Michael Oliver who last year produced a red card once every 5 games. This season, he's refereed 4 games for no red cards...it's meant to be! Prediction - There will be a red card in the Chelsea v Arsenal match.
4) Potentially the biggest game for many fantasy managers this weekend...Tottenham v Swansea. With Harry Kane finding scoring touch last weekend, he'll surely be the most captained player this week against an up and down Swansea defence. Swansea have lost all 6 of their previous away games against Tottenham and have failed to score in 3 of those. In those 6 games, Tottenham have scored 15 goals. I think Swanseas poor form against Spurs will continue this weekend and expect Tottenham to score 2 goals plus. Prediction - Tottenham to keep a clean sheet and score 2 or more goals against Swansea.
5) If you'd told me that after 4 weeks of the season, Watford v Man City would be a top 4 clash I'd have laughed in your face! After conceeding 3 goals against Liverpool on the opening day of the season, Watford have kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce. City were well contained by Brighton and Bournemouth in their 2 away games this season and scored a late goal to win it in the Bournemouth game. Strange prediction but I don't see City's forwards going well this week. Prediction - Aguero and Jesus both to blank.
That's it for this week! I'll be back on Tuesday to review my predictions. Good luck for this weekend